Facial peels help exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells by gently peeling of the top layer of the skin. Using beauty care products loaded with chemicals may give an instant glow, but they are not beneficial in the long run.
Thus, you can create your own homemade facial peels prepared from ingredients like honey, gelatin, fresh fruits, etc. They improve the texture of your skin, reduce wrinkles, and make your skin look younger without causing any damage.
It is suggested to soak a washcloth in warm water and place it on your face to open the pores before applying any of these recipes to get encouraging results. Plus, you need not use these facial peels more than once or twice a week. Those who have an oily skin, though, can use facial peels more often.
Natural Homemade Facial Peels
• Steep half cup each of chamomile and green tea separately. You can use tea bags or two teaspoons each of these herbal teas. Next, peel a cucumber, remove its seeds, and blend it in a blender or food processor.
Mash the pulp to extract the juice. Then, mix the two teas, empty a pack of plain, unflavored gelatin in it and boil the solution over low heat. Finally, put the cucumber juice and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
When the mixture cools, place it in the refrigerator for about half an hour to let it set. Apply this recipe on your face and neck with the help of a facial mask brush.
Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes and then peel it off in an upward motion, starting from the chin. Regular application of this mask makes your skin firm and removes wrinkles and fine lines.
Check out the below that how you can simply use gelatin as a facial peel.
• Add a tablespoon of gelatin in half a cup of cranberry or carrot juice and heat in the microwave for a few minutes. Let the liquid cool. Then, keep it in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes. Apply the recipe and peel it off after about 20 minutes.
Those of you who have a greasy skin, can use grapefruit juice. Tomato juice can also be used to control oiliness and reduce dark spots. A combination of lemon and orange juice, can be used to cure pimples.
• Get healthy and younger-looking skin by applying a facial peel prepared by blending (do not puree completely as it would be difficult to apply) a cup of pineapple, half a cup of papaya, and one tablespoon of organic honey (preferably dark honey).
Rinse it of after 15-20 minutes with lukewarm water followed by cold water. Follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
• Another simple homemade papaya facial peel can be prepared by combining gelatin, papaya, and mineral water. For this, you need to peel and deseed a papaya.
Cut it into pieces and blend the fruit. Mash the paste to extract its juice. Next, put the contents of a packet of unflavored gelatin in three tablespoons of mineral water and heat it until the powder dissolves completely. Then, remove from heat and add the papaya juice in this mixture.
Let it cool for a while and then keep it in the fridge for half an hour. Apply it on your face and peel it off after 15-20 minutes. Finally, wash your face with cold water.
• Whip an egg white, mix a cup of mashed avocado pulp (mash until you get a creamy consistency) and one teaspoon of organic honey in it.
Spread this paste on your face and neck. Finally, rinse it off after 15 minutes when it dries. It can heal acne scars and even your skin tone.
Here’s how to make an easy blackhead peel-off mask using an egg white.
• Exfoliate and revitalize your skin by blending together a quarter cup of fresh strawberries, the same amount of sour grapes, two tablespoons of heavy cream and a tablespoon of dark honey. Use plain yogurt in case you do not have cream.
Spread the paste on your face and neck and leave for about 15 minutes. Finally, wash it off with warm water followed by cold water. Strawberry pulp can also be used in combination with wheat flour, milk, and a drop of sweet almond oil.
• To tighten the skin and treat blemishes, make a homemade facial peel by heating a pack of gelatin in tomato pulp and a tablespoon of orange juice.