The typical cycle of hair growth lasts for two to three years, where each strand grows about one centimeter per month. At any one time, approximately 90% of your hair is growing. The other 10% of your hair is enjoying what is known as a ‘resting phase.’ After three to four months have passed, the resting hair falls out and new hair begins to take its place. However, some people suffer disruptions in the hair cycle that lead to hair loss, which affects males and females of all ages.
Hair Growth Home Remedies
Hair loss and thinning of the hair is not only a physical issue, but can also affect the mental and emotional wellness of an individual. Before resorting to chemical remedies and expensive treatments, try promoting healthy hair cycles with the following home remedies for hair growth:
1) Vinegar and Sage:
Create a hair rinse out of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to encourage hair growth.
2) Decrease Hair Product Use:
Sometimes, the kinds of hair products you use can weigh down hair and cause weakened strands. Cut down on your use of hair sprays and styling gels, especially products that contain alcohol, which causes hair to become dry and brittle.
3) Towel Dry:
Use a towel to dry your hair instead of applying direct heat from a hair dryer. Avoid rubbing down your hair with the towel – gently pat to avoid weakening strands of hair.
4) Scalp Massage:
Improve blood circulation of the scalp by massaging your hair and scalp after a wash. This technique helps prevent hair loss.
5) Monitor Your Vitamin A:
Overloading on vitamin A supplements or consuming too many foods containing the vitamin can cause hair loss in some people.
6) Aloe Vera:
For centuries, aloe vera has found a place in healthy hair care. Prevent hair loss by rinsing with aloe vera, as it helps set a balance regarding the pH level of the scalp and also cleanses pores.
7) Sesame Seeds:
A Chinese hair loss remedy is to sprinkle sesame seeds on foods.
Eating a well balanced diet helps promote hair growth. Recommendations include fish, soybeans, and raw vegetable salads.
9) Olive Oil:
Dry hair can contribute to breakage and hair loss. Massaging olive oil into your hair can provide nourishment and aid in hair growth.
10) Coconut Oil:
To encourage lengthy locks and healthy tresses, rub in coconut oil into your hair for a home remedy treatment for hair growth.
11) Vitamin B Complex:
Take a vitamin B supplement to encourage growth. It is recommended to take 50 milligrams three times a day. You may also increase the amount of vitamin B in your system by consuming foods, such as brown rice and bananas.
12) Lemon Juice:
A clean scalp can promote healthy hair growth. Gently rub lemon juice into your scalp and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Increase your intake of calcium by adding a variety of dairy products, sesame seeds, and figs to your diet.