Different types of liquid diet recipes can help in dealing with different types of conditions. For example, individuals suffering from Crohn’s diseases are usually advised to take a high-calorie liquid diet.
Therefore, one should not go for a liquid diet whimsically. Liquid food diets are meant for specific purposes and need to be adopted only when recommended. The most common recipes for liquid food include a variety of fruit and vegetable juices, soups and clear broths. It can also include plain popsicles, hard candies and jellies.
Clear liquid diets aimed at putting less strain on the digestive system usually include clear juices like that of apple, cranberry, grapes, etc. Mild teas, clear sports drinks and clear soft drinks like ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or club soda can also be included.
Homemade Liquid Diet Recipes
• A combination of whey, skim milk, banana and ice blended together is one of the simplest recipies for luiquid diets.
• Blend some yogurt, your favorite fruit extracts and a few ice cubes to come up with an interesting fruit smoothie yourself.
• Blend a mixture a cup of oatmeal, a cup of berries, two cups of skim milk, a banana, one teaspoon of flaxseed oil, few chopped nuts, a few ice cubes and some tablespoons of protein powder enough to prepare a smooth textured smoothie.
• Mix a cup of ready to drink vanilla supplement, a cup carbonated clear beverage, one pint vanilla ice cream, a banana, half to one cup of water and about five tablespoons of peanut butter.
Blend these ingredients to prepare a tasty peanut butter shake (4 servings) for a child forced to have liquid diet due to some jaw or face injury.
• Liquid diet recipe for weight loss using maple syrup: Take two tablespoons of organic maple syrup, two tablespoons of lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper powder and mix these items in about 10 ounces of water.
• A mixture of a quarter teaspoon of wheat germ oil, a quarter teaspoon of flaxseed oil and one cup each of plain yogurt, low-fat vanilla soy milk, orange juice and cranberry juice is one of the most popular liquid diet recipes for weight loss. It is commonly referred to as Hollywood Diet Recipe.
• Looking for something more delicious yet nutritious? Well, here’s another free liquid diet recipe for you. It is vegetable froth prepared from tomatoes, carrots, peas, cabbage, broccoli along with a little lemon juice and a few spices. It is useful for individuals looking for weight loss diet recipes.
The best way to make the most of liquid diets recipes is to prepare the liquid food recipes with healthy and nutritious ingredients. An effective way of incorporating a nutritious liquid diet with increased calorie and protein intake is to add juice to prepared milkshakes or cereals.
Similarly, milk can also be fortified by a cup of dry powdered milk in about four cups of water. Add this preparation in soups, sauces, puddings and milkshakes to make them more nourishing.
Honey, margarine, jelly or sugar can also be used to increase the calories, especially in case of individuals taking liquid diet due to problems in the throat.
However, if you are looking for homemade liquid diet recipe for weight loss then do not be deluded by the idea that you can blindly go for fruit juices.
Relying on fruits juices does seem as a healthy option but you should also be aware of the fact that most of the fruit juices only provide a good deal of calories because they are high in sugars. Therefore, it is advisable to choose your liquid diet recipes wisely.
You can also dig out more free liquid diet recipes from the internet or come up with an innovative idea yourself.