You can try making night creams at home from a wide range of organic, skin-friendly ingredients instead of relying on expensive, chemical based night creams available in the market.
Another advantage of creating a night cream at your home itself is that you are free to include items of your choice in the recipe. Moreover, those with excessively dry, oily, or sensitive skin can come up with specific recipes to suit their needs.
Night creams are supposed to be more hydrating than day creams and are meant to replenish moisture and elasticity to help rejuvenate the skin. Regular application of a night cream can help maintain younger looking skin. However, make sure you cleanse your face thoroughly before applying the product.
Homemade Night Cream Recipes
• Mix three tablespoons of beeswax pellets (you may use white wax, too) in half a cup of olive oil. Melt the mixture in a microwave or a double boiler. Next, add a quarter cup each of water and apple cider vinegar in it. Place it in the refrigerator for about an hour and then store it. You can use this recipe for almost three to four weeks.
• Combine a tablespoon of milk cream and a few drops of rose water, glycerin, and olive oil. Use this mixture as a night cream for normal skin.
• Those of you who have acne can apply a combination of two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two teaspoons of evening primrose oil, one teaspoon of witch hazel, and four drops each of thyme and lavender essential oils.
• Another DIY night cream recipe for oily and acne-prone skin involves the use of eight ounces of witch hazel and ten drops each of lemon, yarrow, and thyme essential oils.
• In case you want to prepare a homemade night cream with anti-aging properties then blend a chopped apple (with core and seeds removed) in a blender. Then, mix a cup of olive oil and half a cup of rose water in it and heat the mixture slightly in a microwave or a double boiler. Finally, mix another half cup of rose water in the mixture, stir, pour it in a container, and store it in the refrigerator.
Check out another interesting night cream recipe for maintaining younger looking skin.
• Melt a teaspoon of beeswax and mix one tablespoon each of olive oil, sweet almond oil, and peach oil in it. You can also add a little hot water in it to get the right consistency. This cream is beneficial for individuals with dry skin.
• You can also use avocado pulp in a natural night cream for dry skin. For this, you need to melt ten grams of beeswax and add a cup of almond oil, a mashed avocado, and one and a half teaspoon of sodium benzoate in this.
• Here’s a simple recipe for those who cannot use beeswax. Melt a combination of three tablespoons of almond oil, two tablespoons of lanolin oil, and two tablespoons of cocoa butter in a microwave or double boiler.
Then, put two teaspoons of rose water and half a teaspoon of honey in it. Transfer this mixture in a container and store in the refrigerator. Apply this ointment regularly to remove fine fines from your face.
• Blend two tablespoons each of vegetable glycerin and witch hazel. Next, add three tablespoons each of wheat germ oil and honey. Mix the ingredients well and finally add a tablespoon of rose water in the mixture. Use this as a wonderful night cream prepared at home to nourish your skin.