Long locks of hair have always been considered as a sign of beauty. If you, too, are an admirer of beautiful hair and want to adorn yourself with lustrous and healthy hair, there exist numerous natural home remedies to make hair grow faster.
Before moving on the home remedies for hair growth, you should first be aware of the factors associated with hair growth. Some such factors are genetic predisposition, diet, endocrine diseases (thyroid disorder, in particular), stress and exposure to chemicals.
Treatments like radiation therapy, chemotherapy etc affect the rate of hair growth adversely and also cause hair loss. Generally, it has been observed that the rate of hair growth tends to vary from one individual to another. On an average, human hair grows at a rate of 5-6 inches per year.
Home Remedies to make Hair Grow Faster
• Regular hot oil massage (at least once a week) serves as a highly effective home treatment for hair growth as it improves blood circulation and nourishes the hair shafts. The hair and scalp massage can be done with coconut, rosemary, castor or olive oil. After massaging, leave the oil on the scalp for at least half an hour.
This oil therapy is also beneficial in controlling dandruff and hair fall. To warm the oil, pour it in a bowl and place the bowl in hot water. Use coconut oil as far as possible because gets absorbed in hair strands quite easily.
• Applying a mixture of three drops of lavender oil, three drops of rosemary oil, two drops each of thyme oil and cedarwood oil in combination with carrier oils like 3ml of jojoba oil and20 ml grapeseed oil is one of the best natural home remedies for hair growth. Wrap a warm towel (soaked in warm water and then wringed) to enhance the absorption of the herbal oils.
• Onion is another great hair growth home remedy that is particularly useful in case of individuals dealing with hair loss as it helps regenerate hair follicles. To prepare this remedy, put red onion cut in two pieces, two cinnamon sticks and four garlic cloves in some water and boil the mixture for 15 minutes.
Cool and strain the mixture and use this solution on hair for daily for four days to accelerate hair growth. Alternatively, you can also mix minced onion in a mild shampoo, let the mixture stand for about 15 days and then use it regularly.
• Using a potato mask prepared by adding potato juice extracted from three potatoes, an egg yolk and some honey is one of most useful but relatively unknown home remedies to make hair grow faster.
Apply the mixture on somewhat damp hair and leave it for almost half an hour before washing the hair with warm water. This hair growth natural treatment is highly beneficial for people suffering from hair loss.
• Trim your hair after every five to six week to remove split ends that prevent hair growth. Moreover, take adequate hair care measures by brushing the hair gently in the morning and evening to stimulate circulation and facilitate hair growth.
Make sure you not comb your hair when wet because wet hair are likely to break easily. Another tip to make hair grow faster is to brush your hair with the help of a boar bristle brush. Also, avoid using extremely hot water for washing hair.
• In order to promote natural hair growth, take a nutritious and balanced diet including yogurt, fruits, sprouts, nuts, carrots, beans, spinach, broccoli, beans, whole grain products and other items rich in proteins. Yellow colored fruits and vegetables are also valuable for healthy hair.
• As hair grows more during rest, taking proper rest is one the simplest natural home remedies to make hair grow faster. Exercising adequately is also necessary to make the body function better, thereby aiding in hair growth as well.