First of all it is imperative to know what a hangover is, a hangover is nothing but the aftermath of over the drinking of alcohol and one wakes up with a parched throat and a severe headache the next morning. A hangover is medically termed as veisalgia; though alcohol may not be the only cause of a hangover, over intake of other drugs may also lead to a hangover. Nonetheless, here we are dealing with a hangover related to the over consumption of alcohol and its home remedies; in other words we would tell you about hangover remedies. As we all know that prevention is better than cure, however such an event often transpires with people who imbibe alcohol for whatever reason.
In the transpiration of a hangover the eyes tend to become redshot or blood shot and a sense of squrmishness may also be present in many cases; as for appetite it becomes practically nil. However, there are some potent home remedies from hangover relief.
- Many people are under the misconception that a reviver would remove a hangover, this is wrong.
- The idea is to abstain from alcohol as long as possible, as for getting relief from a headache this is the best treatment as far as home remedy headache goes.
- The imbibing of citrus juices, such as fresh lime juice would surely give one ample relief from a hangover.
- As a severe headache is often associated with a hangover, the application of ice cubes with the aid of a handkerchief or some other thin cloth would do wonder in relieving one of the pestering headache.
- In a hangover the body tends to get dehydrated, so one should make certain that the imbibing of water should be plenty.
- The drinking of chamomile tea or tea made of peppermint leaves is considered one of the best home remedies from relief from a hangover.
- In case of nausea, the chewing of chopped ginger is very good.
- The eating of cucumber slices and watermelon frequently helps to rejuvenate the metabolism of the body, hence aids in removal of a hangover.
- Lukewarm concocted with some honey is a sure shot relief from a pestering hangover.