Oily skin can be caused by a number of factors such as hormonal changes, hot and humid weather, diet, age, genetic predisposition, etc. leading to excessive production of sebum.
Having an oily sheen on the T-zone, that is, the forehead, nose and chin is the most obvious sign and symptom of oily skin.
It makes your skin appear dull and greasy. However, having oily skin also has an advantage: it ages at a slower rate as compared to other skin types.
The simplest way to control this problem is to splash cold water on your face two to three times in a day in order to remove excess oil.
In addition, it keeps your skin clean, thereby reducing the chances of developing acne, blackheads, etc. Do not wash your skin too much, though, as it is likely to stimulate the production of oil.
Homemade Skin Care Recipes for Oily Face
• Add five teaspoons of crushed pineapple, five teaspoons of ripe papaya pulp, and a teaspoon of honey. Apply this face mask for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water to get rid of oily skin.
• Prepare a face mask prepared by combining one tablespoon of fuller’s earth and a teaspoon of rose water. Apply it on your face and neck for about 10 minutes (or when it dries) and rinse it off with cold water. You may also add sour curd and honey in it.
• Another homemade recipe for taking care of greasy skin is to apply a mixture of fuller’s earth and raw potato juice.
• Egg and honey face mask is one of the most popular beauty care recipes to remove excess oil from your skin and make it look beautiful naturally. Beat an egg yolk, add two teaspoons of milk powder and a little honey. Leave this pack on your face and neck for 30 minutes.
• Orange peel is also considered good for skin. You can mix rose water in dried and powdered orange peels, apply this face mask for 20 minutes, and rinse it off with cold water.
• Another skin care recipe for oily skin involves the use of a combination of fuller’s earth, sandalwood powder, glycerin, and rose water.
• You can prepare another homemade recipe for oily skin by adding one tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lime juice in a tablespoon of orange peel powder. Leave this paste on skin for 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
• Mix some buttermilk in green gram flour, scrub your face with this remedy to remove excess oil and dirt from your skin. You can also add neem powder in it.
• For excessively oily skin, use a face pack by mixing half a teaspoon each of cucumber juice, witch hazel, alcohol, and four drops of lemon juice in a beaten egg white. Let it stay on your skin for 10-15 minutes.
• Soak 3-4 almonds in water overnight. In the morning, remove their brown skin and grind the almonds. Add a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Put this mixture on your face and neck, and massage in circular motion. Finally, rinse after five minutes.
• Applying a combination of cucumber juice, mint juice, and rose water on skin for 10 minutes is highly beneficial for oily skin.
• To cure blackheads on oily skin, apply a paste of one tablespoon of ground oatmeal, two teaspoon of yogurt, and two teaspoons of tomato juice. Let it dry for 20 minutes. Finally, rinse it off.
• Simply placing apple slices on your skin for about 15 minutes is useful in removing excess oil from skin. Besides, you can apply apple paste (no need to boil the apple, the chop and blend it) mixed with lemon juice.
• Try facial sauna at least once in a week for skin care. For this, you can boil two to four tablespoons of dried herbs like lavender, lemongrass, and rosebuds in two quarts of water. Place your face above solution for about 10-15 minutes so that it can soak the steam. Finally, wash your face with cold water.
Another easy tip for oily skin is to apply fresh cucumber juice on your face, especially on the oily areas and let it dry before applying make up. It will help avoid your makeup from becoming blotchy.